Biltmore Estate and Wine Tasting - A Vanderbilt House Party: The Gilded Age
Time & Location
About the Event
A Vanderbilt House Party: The Gilded Age Exhibit
See Biltmore Estate's elaborate clothing exhibition displayed throughout the grand rooms inside Biltmore House! You'll imagine yourself as a cherished guest at one of George and Edith Vanderbilt's grand turn-of-the-century house parties. Through optional audio storytelling* and elegant clothing meticulously recreated from archival Vanderbilt photos, hear and see fascinating stories of how they entertained their guests.
Oscar-winning costume designer, John Bright, created new clothing vignettes, based on the Vanderbilts’ actual wardrobes and specially reproduced for this exhibition. (https://www.romanticasheville.com/biltmore-costumes)
*Audio tour can be purchased for $12.99 upon arrival
Raleigh Park and Ride:
KOHLS - Alexander Place, Brier Creek / A: 7822 Alexander Promenade PI, Raleigh, NC 27617
Please park in the BACK OF THE PARKING LOT - As far away from Kohl's front doors as possible.
Bus departs KOHL'S (Brier Creek) at 6:00AM sharp! Please arrive at Kohl's by 5:40AM to check-in and choose your seat.
- 10:00AM - Bus arrives at the Biltmore Estate. Admission tickets are picked up and distributed.
- 10:45AM - Self-guided tour of the House and Gardens begins. Also enjoy the shops and restaurants that are located directly next to the Estate
- 2:00PM - Meet back at Bus to head to Antler Hill Village for complementary wine tasting, shopping and more restaurants
- 4:30PM - Return back to bus for Raleigh departure
- Approximate return time back to Raleigh is 9:00PM.
- Sold OutTransportation & Admission$150$1500$0